This is the EEPROM carrier board, or "CMOS widget", produced by Sprow. It is placed onto the appropriate connector on your BeagleBoard or PandaBoard and will be auto-detected by the latest versions of RISC OS (5.18 or later) so that your computer settings (your CMOS configuration) are saved each time the machine is rebooted.
The widget has been confirmed as working on the BeagleBoard, BeagleBoard xM, Pandaboard and Pandaboard ES.
Installation couldn't be simpler:
- Run !Configure from the task switcher menu. Menu click and select "Save CMOS" to back up your settings
- Shutdown and unplug the power
- Locate the appropriate header (this is labelled P2 on original BeagleBoards, P3 for the BeagleBoard xM and J8 on the PandaBoard)
- Push the widget onto the header - it can only go on one way around
- Switch the computer back on
- Restore your configuration with the "Load CMOS" menu item in !Configure
The CMOS widget costs just £6 plus P&P.